Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SINNER'S PRAYER

[sin-ers  prair]

noun:
-the prayer that Evangelicals believe marks one's entrance into the Christian faith

Example of a Sinner's Prayer:
Lord, I know I have done a lot of bad things that have kept me from you. I am sorry. From now on, I want to do the right thing and follow your laws. Please forgive me. I believe that your son Jesus Christ died for my sins and was raised from the dead so I can come back to you. I invite Jesus into my heart to be the Lord of my life from this day forward and help me to walk in His ways. Amen

Let's use it in a sentence!
Sharon, if you'd like to become a Christian, you can pray the Sinner's Prayer.

Secular Synonyms:
none

Find it in the Bible:
This specific term does not appear in the Bible.

Fun facts:
-Due to the guilt of slipping into past sins, many Christians pray this prayer multiple times as a way of rededicating their lives to Christ.
-The early church viewed becoming a Christian as a process that could take years of study and devotion and generally frowned upon the idea of instantaneous conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment