-appealing to those not normally affiliated with the church or Christianity
-emphasizing reaching those outside the normal scope of the church
Let's use it in a sentence!
Replacing the communion wine and wafers with Red Bull and Doritos is just one more way the new church is trying to be seeker friendly.
Find it in the Bible
This term does not appear in the Bible.
Seeker friendly churches can often be identified by the following:
- Their insistence that they are "not your parents' church"
- Using lesser known terms --"Christ Follower" instead of "Christian", "Gathering" instead of "Worship Service", etc.
- Absence of common Christian symbols on the exterior of their building
- Worship space more like a convention center than a cathedral
- Atmosphere reminiscent of a rock concert
- Pastors who wear designer jeans
- Large amounts of money spent on their sound system